4th June 2014
Leaks! I knew there would be a leak somewhere in my windows. But all of them. Every window had one or two bolts that were leaking... I tightened the leaking bolts and those next to it. The rest of the evening was spent in cleaning the bilges.
22nd June 2014
The skylight for the old accommodation had been repaired. I mounted it on the deck, used some silicon to keep it in position. I must admit, those little elements give the boat a nice touch.
In the afternoon, I started preparations for the insulation and the walls I will make in the hold. I'm looking forward to have some areas ready and to get some structure in the hold.
24th June 2014
I want my ship to look bit better. She needs a good coat of paint. I managed to remove eight or more layers of paint on two square meters of deck. It will take me a long way!
25th June 2014
I continued sanding down the boat. Once everything was cleaned, I put a coat of paint on. Since I only had yellow paint left, she now looks like a duck. I will paint her with the right colour as soon as the weather permits me doing so.
28th June 2014
Construction work today! Nobody seems to be sure whether it will rain or stay dry. I will not take the chance of painting the wheelhouse. Last year I had to remove the old sleeping accommodation. It was rotten, and there was a big risk of fire when we were welding near that bulkhead.
Picture of October 2013
Last month, I put the portholes back and now I can redo the interior. There used to be two boxes for sleeping. One has become the entrance to the hold. The second one will be for sleeping again.
The first job was to protect the metal by painting it. It took me much longer then expected. It looks small, but the amount of paint I used was not in proportion to the area...
In the afternoon I made the wall between the entrance and the bed. I'm reusing the old furniture parts from the spits barge I salvaged earlier this month. Maybe I would have been quicker remaking it....