5th July 2014
It is a small area. One and a half meter long, four meters wide, but not easy to convert. The entrance to the hold from the old accommodation is taking much longer then expected. I want it to look in the same style as the original accommodation. The only visible difference will be the colour. The new wood is going to be painted. Anything above one meter from the ground will be white. Anything underneath are the panels from that spits barge.
The sides nearly finished and the porthole in position
7th July 2014
I wonder how much time we spent in shops trying to find the right stuff. I was for about one hour in a shop finding silicone, a few pipe fittings, some screws, a bit of wires and sockets, some bolts and an air vent. It was late when I arrived and I still have no proper power in the original accommodation. I briefly did some wood work and went home.
8th July 2014
I started on the Aquarel straight after work. I could do a lot of work till it came dark. The frame for the ceiling is ready. One more evening and I hope the wood work ill be finished for the bed.
9th July 2014
insulating the ceiling, putting a sheet of multiplex and getting halfway with t&g. I'm not to unhappy with the progress I made. None of the portholes were leaking which is great news! Pictures will follow, once I charged my camera.
10th July 2014
The ceiling of the bedroom is finished. I'm now working on joining the old and new interior together without creating to much of a breakage in style. Since the new area is insulated, there is a difference in height. It makes the joint complex to make. It needs a lot of measuring and some creativity to get it right...
The ceiling is finished
Seen from the other side
Strengthening the original interior is part of the joint.
13th July 2014
The bedroom is finished. I now need to paint it and connect the electricity. Woodwork is done and I'm happy!
I found some old merkels at the scrapyard. They are perfect for my hatches. It took me some time before I could find them. Once the hatches are nicely over my roof, it will be looking a bit better. Once the weather allows me to paint, I will!
14th July 2014
I have enough of the hold. To much stuff, I can't walk around or move a single sheet of multiplex without hitting at least ten other things.... I had some water in the bilges yesterday and I can't get to it properly because my stuff is at that location. All those things were working slightly on my nerves. The deal for today: just cleaning, no construction work!
At the end of the evening, I could slightly walk around and started doing some work anyway. All the welding joints of the roof will be sealed with silicon on the inside of the boat. Briefly calculated, there is about 180 meters where I have to put silicon. I did the bathroom area and stared insulating the den. I'm using 12cm of Rockwool. It might not be enough, but for the purposes she will be used it is ok.
15th July 2014
Insulating the boat is one of the jobs I don't like. Nevertheless, it has to be done at some point. The wall between the bedroom area and the hold got some insulation. Since I had some time left, I cut two sheets of multiplex and mounted them.
19th July 2014
The outside needs attention. Of the three boats moored here, she isn't looking the best one. We temporarily welded the mast so it out of the way. All the supports for the hatches are welded.
The hatches on the front hold now have security brackets. They can't blow away and are looking tidy.
21st July 2014
The weather was cloudy but dry. I finished the air vent for the toilet. It is a welded pipe with a cover in RVS. Something I made myself. Later that day I welded one profile for my hatches and did remove the old paint around it.
In the late afternoon the new metal was all painted. It looks less rusty now!
24th July 2014
At the moment I have to much stuff in the hold. Insulation and wood are taking a lot of space. I'm now going to concentrate on insulating some parts of the boat to get rid of the insulation and wood. I did some silicon on the joins where the roof was welded. In case I missed something when welding, I know it is now closed.
25th July 2014
The corner between the entrance to the hold is now finished with insulation and multiplex. It was a test case to see how I could do the rest of the hold. It went surprisingly well and I'm happy with the result. If I can do the rest like this as well, I might finish one side of the hold very quickly...