8th March 2016
Another small update with some pictures. The hold is now clean and ready for the furniture and the floor. friends of mine will come tomorrow to help me with loading and unloading everything.
9th March 2016
The floor arrived today. I'm using 'steenschotten'. These are hard wooden planks used in factories to dry the stones.
10th March 2016
It is very important I start putting the steenshotten. They are wet because they were stored outside. I had to remove the side panels of the living room because the schotten didn't fit and I didn't one to cut them.
12th March 2016
I started drying out the steenschotten in a forced way. There was becoming to much humidity in the ship and the air wasn't feeling right.
Some floor panels are getting dry, but it will certainly take a few weeks before everything is dry
28th March 2016
Just an update with some pictures of what has been going on lately:
Air vent getting a first coat of primer
Old steering wheel from the lightship Westhinder
29th March 2016
The afternoon started rainy. I mounted two light fittings, one in the bedroom and one in the bar. It took me over two hours to get the job done. I would never buy fittings from that brand again.
Weather was clearing up so I had a look at my leaking air vent. I couldn't find the leak, only the damage it had caused. I decided to clean the rust from the inside and put a good layer of silicon on it. I did the same on the outside and closed the whole of the vent.
The silicon in the wheelhouse between the wood and the glass was nearly gone. I redid every window and a few gaps. I will have to find a solution of for the future. Half of the wheelhouse is being held together with silicon.
Years ago, I received a nice search light from Andy as a Christmas gift. I drilled a few holes in the roof and mounted the light. While doing so I noticed small wholes in the ceiling and some water. Since I had ran out of silicon, it will be the first job to do tomorrow.
In the corner of the wheelhouse is a small bench. It used to be full of water when I bought the ship. Last time I looked was somewhere in October last year. It was dry. hen I opened it now, it was full of water, running into the engine room and probably in the old accommodation as well. I started with a glass to remove the water. Since it was to much, I just drilled a whole in the wheelhouse to drain it. I hope with sealing the windows, I have stopped the leak. If not, I need to have closer look and therefore empty the wheelhouse.