While converting the Escapade, I was also rebuilding the interior on the back accommodation of the Watergeus.
17th January 2011
To have an idea on how to convert the Escapde, I removed some rotten paneling from the sides. I now have a clear view on the ribs, side and bottom plates. Rivets and ribs are in a remarkable good condition.
23rd January 2011
In the late evening I did some more demolishing work on the Escapde. The whole back area is now clear. It gives me an idea what work needs to be done.
29th January 2011
I've started cutting at the back of the ship. I want to remove the welded construction and reveal her decks again. Once finished, I noticed how bad they are. Needs replacing as well in the near future...