Part 2 >>
6th August: A quick visit
When I returned from Amsterdam I had a quick look at the Hornblower.
12th August 2011: Paint
Most of the welding was done in the bathroom. I cleaned the metal, removed the old ceiling in wood and started painting the metal work.
13th August 2011: Mounting the windows
In the morning the windows were mounted. I fixed the broken porthole. In the afternoon I went to look for some more portholes. I will use them on the Watergeus and the front cabin of the Hornblower.
The idea in mind is to create a big 'bakdek' on the bow of the vessel. I get more space in the front and the watertanks don't have to move to the engine room.
14th August 2011: Inside
The weather still isn't good. I removed the bulkhead. It took me all morning to get it out. In the afternoon I did some work in the bathroom.
In the evening I went to see some friends in Ostend during the Paulusfeesten!
15th August 2011: Deck
During the day I drilled so many holes. They are necessary for the wooden frame in the bathroom. While working I discovered multiple holes in the cabin. They were welded in the afternoon.
In the late evening we started burning out the deck at te front of the boat. Since it was quiet thick it took a lot of time. We gave up and drank a beer!
16th August 2011: Deck gone
The whole deck is gone. In the afternoon we cut out the deck completely. I hope I made the right decision.
I spent all morning cleaning the back of the boat, removing rust and dust. I painted deck and a part of the cabin with an old paint. I hope it will last a longer period.