1st October 2011: Engine and sleep!
The little trip in the evening was not a good idea. I did a minor repair on the engine and slept for the rest of the day.
3rd October 2011: Wood work
I'm starting to feel a little better. I did some wood work in the living room.
4th October 2011: Wood work
I drilled some more holes in the ribs of the boat.
6th October 2011: Wood work
8th October 2011: Shopping
In the morning I bought some insulation for the Hornblower.
12th October 2011: Wood work
I continued insulating the boat. I did the gang boards. The side panel was mounted, as well as some other wood. It looks more finished now. At the end of the evening I drilled the holes for the electricity sockets. Since I've ran out of insulation, I'll have to wait till Saturday.
14th October 2001: Painting
I went buying some more insulation.
In the afternoon, I did a quick paint job. The Hornblower is looking much better now!
15th October 2011: Painting
The roof received a second coat of paint. It might be the last nice day before the winter will start.
In the morning the engine was ran, but it does not make a change. The gearbox needs a service!
18th October 2011: Drilling holes
Finishing the other side of the living room is the plan for this week. It all starts with drilling holes!
20th October 2011: Wooden frame
I mounted the wooden frame against the ribs of the boat. I gave the metal a second coat of paint. It is now ready for insulation.
The wooden frame is bolted to the metal ribs.
22nd October 2011: Cleanup
I have now owned the boat since April. Ever since, I have always put more stuff on the boat. Things I found or got, tools and pieces from my other ship, I filled it up in less then seven months. The bathroom area was cleaned in the morning, the wheelhouse in the afternoon. The ship is looking much bigger again.
I removed the kitchen unit, which wasn't working anyway.
23rd October 2011: Living room
The other side of the living room was planned for today. It took me some time to figure out why there was a 20cm difference in the starboard side of the living room. It wa only in the late afternoon I discovered the error I made. This means I lost a lot of time.
By the end of the evening, I made some progress.
29th October 2011: Painting
Since I'm only planning to put the tongue and groove wood in April next year, I decided to paint the sheets of multiplex in the living room. It makes it nicer to work and to have my coffee!
At least it is now much cleaner
Looking slightly bigger when painted in white
The front deck with a big storage unit
31st October 2011: Bathroom
It is now starting all over again, cleaning the hull, drilling holes, building a frame, putting insulation, .... I'm now working room by room, but it is often getting boring as well!
>> November 2011