1st November 2011: Fuel tank
Most of the day I worked on the Watergeus, cleaning her deck. On the Hornblower, I worked out where the fuel tank for the heather should come. I mounted it in the afternoon and welded some brackets.
3rd November 2011: Bathroom
I have a small room that is suitable for the bathroom. I built the first ribs for the inner walls. The shower is 70cm by 70cm, every wall is 8cm thick. I have 54cm left for the toilet. It is just enough, but I wanted some more space. This is often a major problem on these vessels. They are only 3,2m wide!
The most work in the bathroom is the planning and the plumbing. I'm not sure yet when it will be finished, but I doubt if it will be the end of the year!
6th November 2011: Anchor winch
Already since I had the ship I was looking for a small anchor winch. On Internet we found two winches for the swords of tjalken. They were for sale in Amsterdam. On arrival, I discovered the man was selling heaters. So I did buy one while I was there.
12th November 2011: Heater
In the morning I went to see another boat for somebody. In the afternoon I started working. The first job was making sure the anchor winch would turn again.
Later I worked on the heater, fitting the chimney and fuel pipe to the tank.
The heater is now in the corner of the living room
In the evening I mainly spent some time in the bathroom.
26th November 2011: Bathroom
I'm planning to finish the bathroom by the end of the month. I still need to build a frame for one side, put insulation and cut the sheets of multiplex in the right size. Electricity and plumbing also needs doing.
By the end of the evening, most wood work was done.
Next Friday, I will have my two new water tanks. They will come in the front of the boat in the bathroom. I have chosen this area, since all water pipes are on a short distance. The boiler an pump are also in the same room. This makes it easier to manage if something would go wrong.
The watertanks will come on a small stage. The stage connects the bulkhead to the floor in the bathroom.
27th November 2011: Bathroom
Putting electricity wires and connections took most of the day. I had to stop a few times to alter my schemes. Maybe I should have written it down before starting.