2nd February 2013
For the first time in months, I had a look in the engine room. It is now time to make the floor. Over a year ago I bought several sheets of aluminium. I've cut them on the right size and dropped them in pace. Now I can walk or crawl around the engine at ease!
3rd February 2013
I'm starting with the kitchen cabinet.
4rd February 2013
I've just finished the kitchen unit. It took me in total less then two hours to mount it. It will take me at least double to line it out and another few hours to mount the sink and cooker!
10th February 2013
I'm starting to feel better again. I finished the wall behind the engine room hatch and the wall between the bedroom and the wheelhouse. T&g wood is easy, quick and it looks great!
The kitchen has been extended, so I can put a fridge and a micro wave.
11th February 2013
Earlier this month, there was a fire on a houseboat in the Netherlands. The cause was overheating of a wooden wall behind a wood stove. I have always been carefully where I put a heating element (diesel, electric or wood burning).
I have a descent diesel heather in the living room of the Hornblower. Diesel can leak, so I made a construction underneath the heather. It is with stones and sand.
19th February 2013
The watertanks are in the bathroom and visible. This is practical but doesn't look right. It even gives you the feeling of an engine room with the water pump and boiler next to it. I made a box around the tanks. The bathroom now looks bigger as well...
22nd February 2013
While my mother vanished the wooden details and frames of the windows in the bedroom, I worked in the bathroom. Once the shower cabin is finished, I can start painting the whole bathroom and put the floor down.