Living afloat
The story of the Luxe Motor Watergeus, the Groningse snik Hornblower, the klipperaak Aquarel, the lemmeraak 'Op Hoop van Zegen' and how to convert a Dutch barge into a houseboat.
 
MS Watergeus
Watergeus
The Watergeus is my home. It's an old Dutch Luxe Motor, built in 1929. She was about to be scrapped when we bought her...
History
Conversion
Photo Gallery
Specifications
 
Books
 
Living Afloat
(and old stuff - outdated)
Living Afloat
Living Afloat gives you free ideas on what you need to know about barges, how to buy them, how to convert them, etc..
Recognize a barge
Buying a barge
Converting a barge
Barge to the yard
Safety on a barge
Converted barges
Barge stories!
Waterways & harbours
Questions?
Photo Gallery
FAQ
Links
 
Photo Gallery
 
 
MS Aquarel
The Aquarel is an authentic klipperaak from 1916 converted for exhibitions and with a permanent small museum of maritime artifacts.
 
MY Op Hoop van Zegen
Op Hoop van Zegen
The 'Op Hoop van Zegen' is a lemmeraak from 1916. She is being converted into a classic looking yacht.
 
WEBLOG
I spent most of my time in or around boats. Read what I'm doing!
MS Hornblower
The Hornblower was a project of converting a snik into a yacht. I sold her in 2014 to start another project.
 
HomeHornblowerConversion • March 2013

March 2013

1st March 2013

I taught the bedroom was a difficult area, but the badroom is even worse. So many corners, shapes, profiles and angles. It consumes a lot of wood and time to get it right.

2nd March 2013

The first steps of plumbing have been done. This involves in buying a lot of fittings! Once I've got them, they were mounted. At the end of the evening, it was a bit disappointing there were so many leaks. Only a few were solved. To be continued.

11th March 2013

Time to start working again. It is snowing and cold. First of all I drained all the water from the pipes in the bathroom. They are not leaking and I like to keep it that way!

30th March 2013

The outside of the accommodation wasn't painted for two years. I had been welding and cutting, mounting new windows, etc... Most of the paintwork was in a bad condition. Time to remove it and give it a good coat of new paint.

By the end of the evening, most of the paint was gone. To do something else to finish the day, I made a box around the pump and boiler, and I mounted two meters for the engine.

31st March 2013

In the morning I finished removing most of the rust and flay paint. I started painting a coat of primer in the afternoon, but had to stop. Little snow was falling, so I gave up!

 
site mapcontactupdates
Contact
Last updated on: Tuesday, 20 September, 2016 11:00 PM
(c) Frederic Logghe - Living Afloat.com 2004-2017
We are not responsible for, and expressly disclaims all liability for, damages of any kind arising out of use, reference to, or reliance on any information contained within the site.