4th September 2016
Just back from London, I wanted to do something. I'm not in the mood for working. I want to drive my ship, not convert it. I made the priority to finish the wheelhouse first. A flag mast was added at the back and secured.
8th September 2016
Just started with t&g in the wheelhouse. I had some old nice wood, but it was to hard to use it. Nothing is straight and I would lose to much of the wood when cutting it the right size. i'll use it on another project one day...
9th September 2016
I added some more t&g to the sides of the wheelhouse. It feels cleaner already and I'm not even half way!
10th September 2016
It is the first time I've constructed a wheelhouse from scratch. I had sold the Hornblower before I even got to that stage. I was surprised to see how many cables I had to pull through from the sides, engine room and back accommodation. It took me another few hours to label and mount the cables properly.
11th September 2016
The wheelhouse is slowly becoming realistic. I added some more cables, did some more T&g and I added a search light on the roof of the cabin. My parents came with navigation lights, but I didn't have the time to weld a support for those.