7th April 2006
I have now become the new owner of the Watergeus. My first plans are to dry-dock her. Since I need a certificate before I can ask for a mooring in Belgium, this will become priority one. Depending on what repairs are needed, I can make up my budget or totally give up the project.
My boat, a picture that I put at my desk at my work
9th April 2006
It was now time to build a hatch in the same style as the roof, so I could lower my stuff in the cargo hold. This same hatch will become my main entrance.
Starting to make a hole in the roof
Creating the sides of the hatch
The hatch has been finished
Since the shop was closed and I didn't have enough roofing felt, I just coated the hatch. In case of rain, the wood would at least be a bit protected.
15th April 2006
Today, we've put the roofing felt on. I also started cleaning the boat. A lot of old metal was no longer needed. I put a floor in the foxhole and painted it quickly. That space is now clean and being used as a storage for my tools.
The freshly painted hatch with roofing felt
28th April - 1st May 2006
The first of a couple of long Weekends in Sluiskil. This weekend, marked by Queens Day and bad weather, was a success. A new generator was placed aboard and the back accommodation cleaned. My mother and her girlfriend cleaned the whole accommodation removing everything that had become useless or hopeless to clean. Most of the furniture was disinfected and the old mattresses were thrown away. I'm still sleeping the wheelhouse and will continue to do so till there is a new mattress.
With Queens Day, there was a street selling in Terneuzen. At 4 o'clock most people go home and leave their unsold stuff behind. Andy and me drove their and took what was usefully. In no time, I had some decoration stuff and several kitchen accessories, such a s bread box, a rack for bottles, etc...
The new generator is a Petter 1 cylinder air cooled, delivering 4.4kva. Its connected to the exhaust of the previously generator, which broke in January 2006.