9-10-11 June 2006
A lovely weekend, very hot. Outside 29° C and inside... 48°C. It was just that bit too hot to work inside. Anyway, I removed the old electricity of the cargo hold and the front cabin. These wires were working, but no good for the future. They took a lot of space and became a problem for painting. The tube was welded to the side, so I would loose a lot of space, when finishing the sides with wood on a later stage.
The front cabin was painted on the outside in the cargo hold and the floor of the front cabin.
A fresh coat of paint on the cabin
Floor of cabin has been painted
It was also the first time I saw the vessel painted. She looked great. She definitively needs another coat, but the first layer was good! I wish they would have repaired her before putting the boat back in the water. At the other hand, now I will be able to see her dry-docking twice.
Back of the vessel, freshly painted
Bow of the vessel, freshly painted and in a typical Dutch style
17th-18th June 2006
A 'clean-up' weekend, in which I got rid of most of the oil in my engine room. After cleaning most of it, I could again see the rivets on the bottom of the vessel. More then 600 liters of old fuel and contaminated water were hovered out and put into oil tins. A job that took most of the time during that weekend. A total of over 1200 liters were removed and I'm pretty sure, there is still some left!
Entrance to the cabin
Furthermore, the front cabin was painted. I chose a light color to make it look bigger. Because of the temperature, the paint dried very quickly. At the end of the evening, I was already able to put all my stuff and ropes back.