>> part 2
5th March 2011: Painting
The back accommodation got it first coat of paint. Together with my girlfriend and mother, we managed to paint the whole area in one afternoon.
Sitting area painted
Toilet area painted
6th March 2011: Outside work
I mainly worked outside today. A nice day. I did a small sanding and repaint job on the Watergeus. Later, I removed the paint from the railing of the Escapde. A job that will certainly take a day or two.
Quick sanding and painting job
11th March 2011: Paint
I'm feeling better at the moment. I ordered some original replica bronze stars for the bow of the Watergeus. Since I don't have enough time at the moment or money, I also ordered some cheap name signs for the vessel.
In the late evening I removed some paint and rust from the bow. I quickly repainted that area. It is a totally different colour, but I like it.
My mother came today, she continued painting the back accommodation.
12th March 2011: Painting
I continue doing some smaller maintenance jobs on the Watergeus. Rust just doesn't look good on a boat. I cleaned the boeisel on the back and removed some ropes. I want her to look again for the summer.
14th March 2011: Painting
I mainly removed rust from the hull. It is still not the perfect moment, it is getting dark at 7 o'clock, I can't wait till summertime! For the last two years I had been mainly working inside (except the gang board). You don't notice this in the beginning, but rust is coming through the paint. At some moment, when you realise it, a lot of work needs to be done. I hop to do a big part in a months time.
15th March 2011: Painting and planning
The boeisel on the front at starboard side has been painted. Since the Escapade is moored alongside, it was an easy job.
The remaining of the evening, I was planning how to rebuild the Escapde. The picture I received last week makes me think. I really want a back accommodation to sleep. I have seen it on many yachts and the Escapde had it as well. I will have to raise it a little more then it once was, since the new ribs are taking some space.
As she looked in the 90's
Detail of the back accommodation
Detail of the bow
Detail of the wheelhouse with radar
16th March 2011: Painting
Probably the last day of the week where I would paint. I redid the back accommodation and one side of the deck. Since it had been done last year, I only had to clean the deck, remove some loose rust and repaint the area.
A part of the deck has been repainted...
Ropes and more ropes
19th March 2011: Painting and chipping
I continued working on the bow, doing another part of the boeisel, the foot of the mast and the crane in the front.
20th March 2011: Painting
The back side of the entrance has been repainted. I removed most of the rust and painted it red, just like the rest. Since I'm off in the afternoon, I did another part of the gang boards as well.
Roof of the entrance repainted
>> part 2