10th July 2015
With some friends, we had a small boat trip on the canal. It really felt like living the old days again. Being on the water and making use of it, just having fun and not thinking about working.
11th July 2015
With a small hangover, I decided to continue shooting t&g to the walls and ceiling in the front accommodation. By the end of the evening most was done.
12th July 2015
Before I could continue I had to clean the remaining stuff from the front area. I had enough of moving it from one side to the other. One piece of decoration, the old name sign of the Ross Leopard, was mounted on the wall. The black letters on a white background give a special effect to the room. It also means a lot to me hanging that old board in my ship.
15th July 2015
I finished the ceiling in the front area. It was much more work then expected, but it always is on boats! My father cleaned some old shipping floor (azobe wood) and I mounted it as my new floor. Every planks has a weight of 30 or more kilograms. Cutting is very hard and by the evening, only halve was done. Since I forgot my electric screw driver on the Aquarel, I could only shoot a few nails. Half of the nails bended in the wood.
16th July 2015
Half a days spent of finishing the floor. The small front area now looks much bigger. I put a coat of primer on the wood and now you get a good feeling about the size. Together with the front cabin, it could be a nice accommodation. Anyway, I will use it as my new study room - library. The front area was one of the last non insulated areas aboard. There is one more, but since it is a storage unit, I'll keep it bare metal.
17th July 2015
18th July 2015
I only have half a day, so I decided to do some smaller jobs like cleaning the corridor and hovering the dust out. Since it is my living accommodation, I like keeping it clean. The weather was fine and I had to paint around the portholes inside. So I started outside, the bow needed a good coat of paint. It was cleaned last year when my foot was broken, but never got any coat of paint. Once the bow was painted, I continued with the supports for the zwierbomen and two bollards. Since the inside is painted and all the insulation gone, I don't smell any burn smell anymore. Everything will come right at some point...