21st December 2008 – An old photo of the Watergeus popped up on a site. It is a photo from Harry De Groot.
There are so many things this picture can learn:
- Engine room entrance was a hatch with a porthole, not a door like it is now
- Ship still had it’s kalfdekken
- Ship had his mast (removed in 50’s)
- Entrance to the fore peak was by a small door, not a cabin as it is today
- Back accommodation had three windows and a porthole, now only three bigger windows.
- The anchor winch still seems to be the same today
- Anchor crane has gone (is on my wish list)
- Bollards at the wheelhouse have been replaced
Once aboard, I started checking for remains of some of these items.