29th September 2009 – In the morning and a big part of the afternoon I painted the living room. A first coat of finishing paint on the sides. In the early evening I cleaned the engine room, removing all rubbish left from putting the pipes for the heater. I cleaned the bilges, some rust from the early days was still underneath the engine, I hovered all the plates, etc… She is looking nice and presentable again.
Month: September 2009
28th September 2009 – The heating elements were connected, the system was filled with water and the heater was ran. It was another big step in the conversion project and most likely the one I will like most in winter time.
27th September 2009 – I continued painting the living room, over 150m2, and it needs at least to be painted three times, one coat of primer and two finishing coats of nice paint. It is a hard job. Since the finishing paint is a kind o broken white, it is hard to see the difference with the primer while painting. You need a lot of concentration.
26th September 2009 – We came back with the neighbours ship today. Getting up early was the hardest part, not feeling well didn’t made it better. When we arrived at the yard they were ready to launch her in the water. Ten minutes later we left heading to Bruges. It was a nice trip, it felt like a small holiday to me…
24-25th September 2009 – Working hard the last month has its consequences. I wasn’t feeling well the last couple of days and now I’m in bed. Hope to be better soon!
23rd September 2009 – My neighbour’s ship will be launched tomorrow so we helped her a little by putting another coat on the hull. With three people, it took us less then two hours to go around the sides. A freshly tarred ship always looks nice. Just forgot my camera so no pictures…
22nd September 2009 – In the evening all furniture came over from Ostend. It fitted in two cars and a jeep. It looks much smaller with the stuff in te hold. Another reason why I’m happy I painted the boat in light colours. All my furniture is dark wood.
20th September 2009 – The heating element in the wheelhouse is about to be replaced. The wooden panel behind it was rotten and falling apart. With the remaining wood I made a new one. It still needs to be vanished, but it is looking good. Since it is a 22mm multiplex sheet the heating element can hang on the plate, making it easier to clean the floor.
On Tuesday I’ll bring my furniture over from my parents place to the boat. Since they have to go through the hatch on the roof all hatches around it need to go. The hold was cleaned and all stuff no longer needed was stored away.
19th September 2009 – A few more details in the living room had to be sorted out. Also two windows had to be framed in the bathroom.
The whole afternoon I painted the living room and corridor. The corridor is now finished.
At noon time one the paper boats was passing by. Yesterday every guest had to make a paper boat with a candle. Today one was still afloat.
18th September 2009 – In the afternoon I painted some more of the living room aboard the Watergeus. In between I helped with the final elements on the Gallery Boat Jana.
The opening was a great success, many people came and everybody seemed satisfied.
16th September 2009 – On Friday, the gallery boat, a bit further on he Jana, is opening officially. Since I promised to help, and I had already done some stuff, I made a few small walls (panels) to hang up the paintings.
13th September 2009 – In the morning I made the two remaining inspection holes and finished the floor in the corridor heading to the living room. In the late afternoon I started painting but give up very quickly. Three days of work is more then enough.
12th September 2009 – In the morning we started with the floor in the living room. A very hard job, but we made a lot of progress. By the end of the evening, we were half way.
11th September 2009 – In the morning I went visiting my neighbour at the yard. In the afternoon we boxed the pipes of the central heating.