29th June 2015 – So finally working a whole day on the Aquarel. I did manage to build most of the bar. The main issue was the heat. It was so hot aboard I couldn’t work for more then one hour before holding a break. I lost most of the time putting the hatch in front of the bar. I’m reusing a part of an old wooden hatch in front of the bar. I’m not sure whether I will keep it that way. It is dark and hard to recognize a hatch. I’ll have night sleep before making my final decision.
Month: June 2015
28th June 2015 – I opened the floor where the bar will be built. part of that floor is becoming fixed so I cleaned the bilges and oiled them. they are looking much better when they are greasy. I was surprised to see how much dust has been collected since I last cleaned them, nearly a year ago…
20th June 2015 – After a week of not being fit to work, I decided to try some work. The corridor between my workspace and the front of the ship is now nearly finished and covered with a coat of primer.
Outside on deck, the last black remains of the fire were repainted. I still need my new windows, but the deck and hull are looking better again.
13th June 2015 – Finally, not a windy day. Time to put the new cover over my terras. At least, I should be dry if it rains. The construction now gives me some extra dry storage as well 😉
6th June 2015 – The walls of the corridor between the study room and the front of the ship are nearly finished today. The insulation on the ceiling of the front was done and some of the plating.