Month: September 2017

Watergeus – Patching the deck

28th September 2017 – There is a lot of pitting on deck. It has been there before I bought her, but it is hard to maintain and I believed the metal was weak underneath. While chipping, we discovered it was rotten. Some parts on deck have been doubled where it was the worst. Other parts will be done at a later stage since I ran out of metal. Most of my spare parts are still on Tordino.

Between the engine room and the storage unit used to be a bulkhead. It was removed when the Watergeus became a water supply ship. In February, I rebuild most of the bulkhead. The bottom plate had to be done, but there were some pipes running through from an old fuel tank. We disconnected the fuel tank, so I can easily remove the fuel pipes and the old fuel pump.

In the afternoon, we managed to get the anchor winch running again. She was stuck. After removing the brakes and spraying a lot of wd40, she started turning…

I made two holes in the wheelhouse for the wiring. To prevent rain from coming in, I welded two rvs pipes. Some brackets for the lights were mounted and the day was over…

Some friends moored alongside late in the evening, we had a drink and time to close the day!

Recovery mode

18th September 2017 – Found some time again to update the blog. A lot if things are supposed to be happening in the near future, mainly on the Watergeus again. I’m making her ready for the next survey. I would like to get an European Certificate (CVO) for her.

At this moment, I’m still recovering from Sunday 10th where there was a major event aboard Tordino. Nearly 700 people came to my ship in Beernem for an exhibition about the history of the Canal and the Inland waterways.