Author: frederic - page 2

Tordino – t&g

27th January 2018 – The roof of the old cabin will be done in pine wood, painted creme white. The same will be used fot he back wall of the sleeping room and kitchen.  I had 20 packages of t&g left, they all went up in that one ceiling.

Ceiling in t&g, following the curve of the panels

 

Building a lightweight frame to hold the ceiling

 

Ceiling in t&g, following the curve of the panels

 

The hold, as it looks at the end of the day

Tordino – Lifting the support for the roof

20th January 2018 – In the early morning, I mounted OSB on top of the frame from the old accommodation. I can now walk on it to finish the walls above and to build the ceiling of the hold.

In the afternoon, I lifted and mounted an 80kg wooden beam for the support of the ceiling. I had to move it up to a height of 3m30. Wit a wooden construction, a few screws and a rope, I managed to get one side right. The other side needs to be another 20cm higher, but I had no strength left, neither was my temporary construction strong enough to hold any more pressure. Will be continued…

Tordino – Wood and ceiling

19th January 2018 – Wood had to be delivered today. The company couldn’t tell me exactly when they would come, so I started working in the hold. It was a lovely dry day. Hatches were open and it felt like working outside on a sunny day. fresh air, not to cold!

The door in the corridor to the second part of the hold was mounted. It is the same style of door as the main entrance. Last year I bought three similar old cabin doors. They have nice brass fittings.

Wood was delivered in the afternoon. I cut the wooden beams on the right size and mounted them above the old accommodation. I took beams of 14cm heigh to make sure it could support itself. I now have a frame for the ceiling of the old cabin!

Tordino – t&g

14th January 2018 – Eighteen square meters done with t&g. I’ll have to do at least that amount again somewhere next week. It is a job without thinking. Just unpack it and shoot a few nails through each wooden plank against the wall. So repetitive….

The more I’m finishing the hold, the better the room starts looking. I can’t wait to hang the paintings, furniture and objects.

Watergeus – Connecting the switch panels

12th January 2018 – All the wires in the wheelhouse had to be connected to three switch panels. Maybe a mistake I made, I should have counted how many instruments I had because three panels aren’t really enough. It took us several hours to get it all connected. Testing will be for another moment.

Watergeus – Fuel drums

10th January 2018 – Just unloaded three fuel drums to put clean fuel in, while I can clean my tank for the journey in May. I removed some rubbish from the engine room, it starts to look clean.

Once the bulkhead is finished, I can do some updates on the paintwork.

Watergeus – Drilling holes

9th January 2018 – When I came back from Tordino, I drilled two more holes through the wheelhouse to put some cables into the engine room. It is a very busy week and I wouldn’t know any other moment where I could do it. On Friday, we start connecting the cables to the batteries.