1st March 2013 – I taught the bedroom was a difficult area, but the bathroom is even worse. So many corners, shapes, profiles and angles. It consumes a lot of wood and time to get it right.
Category: MS Hornblower - page 2
22nd February 2013 – While my mother vanished the wooden details and frames of the windows in the bedroom, I worked in the bathroom. Once the shower cabin is finished, I can start painting the whole bathroom and put the floor down.
19th February 2013 – The watertanks are in the bathroom and visible. This is practical but doesn’t look right. It even gives you the feeling of an engine room with the water pump and boiler next to it. I made a box around the tanks. The bathroom now looks bigger as well…
11th February 2013 – Earlier this month, there was a fire on a houseboat in the Netherlands. The cause was overheating of a wooden wall behind a wood stove. I have always been carefully where I put a heating element (diesel, electric or wood burning).
I have a descent diesel heather in the living room of the Hornblower. Diesel can leak, so I made a construction underneath the heather. It is with stones and sand.
10th February 2013 – I’m starting to feel better again. I finished the wall behind the engine room hatch and the wall between the bedroom and the wheelhouse. T&g wood is easy, quick and it looks great!
The kitchen has been extended, so I can put a fridge and a micro wave.
4rd February 2013 – I’ve just finished the kitchen unit. It took me in total less then two hours to mount it. It will take me at least double to line it out and another few hours to mount the sink and cooker!
3rd February 2013 – I’m starting with the kitchen cabinet.
2nd February 2013 – For the first time in months, I had a look in the engine room. It is now time to make the floor. Over a year ago I bought several sheets of aluminum. I’ve cut them on the right size and dropped them in pace. Now I can walk or crawl around the engine at ease!
31st January 2013 – Since four days the weather is mild but rainy. There is a lot of wind. Anyway, Andy and I decided to swap the boats next to the Watergeus. It makes it easier to load the furniture aboard my ship and when I work I don’t have to walk in front of his ship.
I started cleaning the wheelhouse and moving the stuff I no longer needs onto the Watergeus for storage (or another project…).
20th January 2013 – The floor in the living room is as nearly finished. The floor is very hard since I broke two drilling bits, a saw blade and some more tools.
I’ve painted the bedroom a second coat. This area is now finished.
21st January 2013 – A few more little pieces had to be done in the living room. Once they were cut it was time to oil the floor. I’m always using oil for outside. I have it now for over thee years in the Watergeus and it still looks good. Pictures are taken with my phone. Quality is not that good…
19th January 2013 – It is important to have access to the bilges in case there is ever a problem or you suspect something is wrong. I’ve opened the floor, cleaned the bilges and put line oil on it. It is not the perfect period for doing so, but it will dry out and become hard one day…
7th January 2013 – In the early morning I put a coat of primer in the bathroom.
Anna came to help painting the living room. It was done quicker then I thought. The rest of the day was spent away from the boat.
In the evening I fixed two little leaks, one in the solar vent of the living room and one in the ceiling of the wheelhouse.
1st January 2013 – After having a good party last night, it was time to work again! Most of the woodwork is nearing completion. The bathroom need some work before it is finished.
28th December 2012 – Time to go to the shop and get some paint. The bedroom is totally finished and ready for painting. I spent the last couple of days partying and working in the bedroom. Putting down the floor, finishing the lists around the windows and mounting the stairs.