20th January 2020 – Since I’m out of wood, I could only do a few minor jobs. Small jobs that take a lot of time. I had to drive back home early since a lot of fog was coming up.
Category: MS Tordino
18th January 2020 – We started with the ceiling. Same thing as the last two conversions. Cutting the wooden planks, lifting them up and sliding them into the frame. The nice thing about this job is the result. It looks finished from the moment you put them up. I went halfway the hold. The rest will be for another day.
My father continued insulating the hold. Nearly there…
17th January 2020 – We painted major parts of the t&g in hold. I pulled some electricity wires for the computer screens.
Wood was delivered in the evening and it took us more then two hours to unload it into the ship.
13th January 2020 – A last difficult bit is building the frame around the old lifeboat. I can’t get to it, but I can’t move the boat either. It took me some time, but I managed to build the wall and building the top side was easy since I could stand in the boat. A lot was done this evening.
Since the lock in Bruges was broken, a pusher came alongside with a pontoon. They stayed for the night.
12th January 2020 – Since my mother cleaned the wood behind the wheelhouse, I could now easily build the frame behind the wheelhouse. It is a small corridor of less than 60cm. It might become a storage space or just a small place to put my servers. No idea yet….
7th January 2020 – Another evening of working aboard Tordino. Just working with t&g…
6th January 2020 – I went to the shop to get some wood. My parents helped me unloading the van and putting the wood in the hold. When they left, I continued working with t&g.
5th January 2020 – The frame is finished on the starboard side. It took me most of the day to line it out. The biggest issue are the ribs of the den. They are severely damaged from unloading the ship when she was a cargo vessel.
4th January 2020 – My parents came to help me. Father did the insulation and mother did some painting. In the meantime, I continued building the frame for the rest of the hold. I hope this conversion is over quickly so I can continue running my museum. It is the last bit of the ship that needs converting. With the experience of the rest of the hold, I try to create as much space as possible to put objects and television screens.
3rd January 2020 – I had to get some wood before I could start. I want to insulate starboard side tomorrow, but therefore I have to build a frame. It took me most of the afternoon and late evening to build the first part.
1st January 2020 – In the afternoon I continued where I stopped yesterday, shooting nails through t&g to cover the supports. I made some preparations for lowering a cupboard in the hold tomorrow.
31st December 2019 – I started putting t&g around the supports. Another beam was added to one of the supports to make it stronger. The Ikea cabinets were put together and integrated in the supports. The whole middle section is getting into shape.
28th December 2019 – With all my tools in position and the museum stuff covered with plastic, I could finally start finishing the supports for the ceiling. I worked with t&g to finish the construction, but time wasn’t on my side. I lost a few hours in the morning moving the anchor winch to a different location. This heavy piece of metal weights around 600kgs.
14th December 2019 – The bedroom was finished, the bathroom continued and in the hold, both beams were connected to each other. Another support was build.