28th December 2011 – In the morning I removed the floor in the wheelhouse. Together with my neighbour, we put the metal sheets aboard the Hornblower. If I need them, at least, they are inside and easier to get in position. They have a weight of 90kg each and very heavy to handle.

In the afternoon, I started cleaning the bilges. There is so much that needs to be done. Actually, I just don’t know where to start. The tanks need to be mounted to the ceiling, the bilges need a good clean, the engine is dirty, there are hundreds of meters of electricity wires hanging around, there is plenty of wooden floor left in the engine room, etc….