16th August 2012 – I forgot to put my plastic pipes for the electricity. I always use plastic draining pipes to put through my cables. It took me some time to get them between the hull and the insulation. I drilled the holes for the sockets in the living room and started to put the cables.
Category: MS Hornblower - page 6
15th August 2012 – We mainly continued working in the bedroom. All the walls are finished and we have just started the ceiling. I’m not sure whether it will hold or not. We have to bend the wood a little to much for the curve of the ceiling….
11th August 2012 – My mother continued painting the living room while I did some electricity.
7th August 2012 – The finish for the Hornblower will be similar to the one of the Watergeus. T&G wood will be used. A few months ago I did the living room, now I’m starting with the bedroom.
31st July 2012 – I just can’t get the sleeping room finished. It seems like an endless job. All those little corners and shapes that need wood. I spent some time calling for prices for windows. I want to replace the wheelhouse windows as quick as possible so I can finish the kitchen as well.
30th July 2012 – Just been busy drawing the schemes for the plumbing. It does take some time.
14th July 2012 – The last couple of weeks were horrible for working outside. It is always raining. My father joined me today for carrying some heavier stuff. I put my generator back on the boat. It had been on the Watergeus for going to the yard.
I had some spare stairs in the front accommodation of the Watergeus. They came from an old spits barge. I will need them for the living room of the Hornblower. They are now in position. I still need to shorten the stairs.
The little lifeboat I recovered from that trawler last weekend is now on the roof of the Hornblower.
11th July 2012 – Some more work was done in the sleeping room.
9th July 2012 – The little time I had today was spent on the sleeping room. I tried finishing one wall.
8th July 2012 – Yesterday I spent a day removing useful parts from a sailing boat. Two windows from the wheelhouse are just perfect for my wheelhouse! I will order a new one and then I need somebody to help mount them!
The weather is still very bad, a lot of rain. I have a busy week starting from tomorrow. I hope I can do something, progress is becoming slower and I don’t like that!
2nd July 2012 – I see the welding work is coming to an end. I might need to weld a few more hours and then the bulkhead is totally finished, including the metal floor of the wheelhouse! The last big plate of the bulkhead is now in position.
I took the last bit of the exhaust. It is so thin I might as well make a total new one… It became to late to make noise, so I gave up working today!
1st July 2012 – There are a lot of things that I need to do in the coming weeks. I’m not sure where to put my priority…
There was one piece of the bow that was still in red paint. I was doubting what colour I should give. This evening I painted it white!
28th June 2012 – I finished one side of the hull of the Hornblower. She looks like it should be.
27th June 2012 – I ran out of paint yesterday. After going to the shop I painted some more…
26th June 2012 – I started painting one side of the ship. I will use gray, black and dark green. It is just an experiment. If it doesn’t look good, I’m going for another colour.