14th August 2017 – Shopping day, getting the stuff I need for the rest of the week.
Month: August 2017 - page 2
14th August 2017 – While I was in Amsterdam, I stopped in Zaandam to have a quick look on the Aquarel. She was looking good, but a bit squeezed in between two other ships. I was a bit disappointed about the paintwork of the hull. For a sandblasted ship which was coated with epoxy, I found red paint coming through on several locations. Something must have gone wrong during this process.
13th August 2017 – Still doing smaller jobs that fit the puzzle of my conversion. The entrance and platform were painted while I built the floor down the steps. The stage for the lifeboat is built. It took me some time since I couldn’t move her that much.
Wile closing the ship, I looked in one of the hatches and found the blue cover of my current lifeboat. At least she won’t be filling up with water again. I don’t like an open life boat outside.
12th August 2017 – The construction for the old den of a ship with wooden hatches continued. I now put the plywood on. Once this is painted, I can build the supports. Inside the corridor to the toilets, wood work is finished as well. I don’t want to count how many packages of t&g I already used on this ship.
11th August 2017 – Wooden panels and t&g still had to be done above the toilet area. It is not the best area to work, since you can’t stand up and if you forget something, it is a climbing down with ladders, tables and steps.
10th August 2017 – I finished the entrance of the ship and the stairway. This is now ready for painting.
One of the fixed items in the hold are a few old hatches. They are heavy and I had to cut them the right size. From my previous ship, the Aquarel, I had a few supports for the hatches left. They are are metal, so I had to cut them the right length. It took me most of the day to move it around, measure and get it in the right position. Working with wooden hatches must have been a hard life in the early days!
6th August 2017 – The entrance still needed some finishing. I believed doing it within a few hours. I still wasn’t finished at the end of the day.
2nd August 2017 – Besides working on the Tordino, I also need to work on the collection and what will eventually be shown in the museum once it is finished. I drove to Amsterdam to pick up a few boat models.
While I was there, I visited a close friend. I hadn’t seen her for ages. We had a good meal, a walk in the Vondelpark and then I had to drive back… It was already to dark to drive through Amsterdam City to take pictures of the houseboats. Will be for another time.
1st August 2017 – Electricity is done, or at least, most of it. I have light in the Library, toilets, Office room, entrance and at the water tanks.