31st May 2009 – The last bit of plumbing was done today, fixing a small leak in the waste water piping. Meanwhile during the day major parts of the front accommodation were insulated.
Month: May 2009
30th May 2009 – In the morning we put water on the whole plumbing system to detect any possible leaks. Besides the toilet, all systems were working fine.
In the afternoon another wall of the living room was finished.
28th May 2009 – Another day of plumbing, now it was the waste water system that needed connecting. Since I’m using a massurator, it saves me at lot of hassle creating holes n the ship. One outlet is enough for shower, toilet and kitchen.
27th May 2009 – I started mounting the furniture so I could measure the height of the fittings needed in the wall. In the evening some more plumbing was done.
26th May 2009 – Since we need to know the height of the sink for the bathroom, I went to get the furniture I wanted.
24th May 2009 – While I was building the support for the shower tray, my mother washed the front accommodation. In the afternoon and evening I continued and finished the frame of the front cabin. Next week I can insulate the area and put the panels on.
21st May 2009 –
20th May 2009 – In the evening I continued with the floor and insulating it as well. Since the watertanks are underneath it, I did find it important to put some insulation.
19th May 2009 – I started building a frame for the floor in the front cabin. Having build several frames in the past for different areas on the boat, I must say this one seems a little harder to built. Everything is bended and the metal construction exists of old sheets of metal they must have reused in the sixties when building this cabin.
18th May 2009 – Coming weekend I want to build the frame for the front cabin. Since not all my tools were removed, I decided to clean it. Besides some wood, there were also steel plates, a heating element, some pieces for the bow rudder, a few hoses, a box with spanners and a lot of paint.
It did obviously took more time then planned to remove that much stuff out of this small area.
17th May 2009 – The hardest part after an event is to clean everything up and bring back the tools for working. I must say it all went a bit slower then hiding them.
16th May 2009 – I continued cleaning the hold and repairing the little party. It had been raining all day. We built a a party tent at the entrance and decorated the ship with many flags.
15th May 2009 – Tomorrow I have a barbecue with some colleagues. They always wanted to see how I live on a barge, so it was the perfect moment to combine this with a barbecue. The preparation took most of the day since the hold had to be emptied. This was one of the reasons why I had built the storage system last Wednesday. The more stuff I could permanently store in the front or back, the better.
The boiler was connected to the water system and some fittings were mounted on the water pipes as well.
13th May 2009 – The plumbing for the bathroom is ending it’s final stage. A few more pipes were connected, but it could all have been done more easier if the frames were straight and less corners were built.
10th May 2009 – In the early morning we removed the pieces from the bow rudder that I took from another spits barge a few months ago.