29th November 2017 – Another night of heavy raining. While I went to the engine room, water was running from the ceiling on several spots. I tried putting a few buckets before going to work. I can no longer ignore there is no problem…
Month: November 2017
28th November 2017 – I managed to finish most of my cables. Only a few more need to done. I just ordered my two VHF radios and a set of antennas. Once they are delivered, I can finish the panels and hopefully, everything will work.
27th November 2017 – Again a small puddle of water in the wheelhouse. One of the windows is leaking. Same story, different ship!
26th November 2017 – I drilled a few wholes so I can put through the wires for the bilge pumps and other equipment down in the engine room.
14th November 2017 – Two big machines: the Solar Panel controller and the inverter are now hanging in the engine room. It took much more time then expected to bolt them in the bulkhead. I had to ran several times between the two compartments, running up and down the stairs to tighten the bolts.
13th November 2017 – I mounted the first cable gutter in the engine room. The cables need to run tightly and clean, not like it used to be, around everything and everywhere. I don’t want to think yet how many cables that will be running through the engine room, but with all the equipment, there will be a lot!
Two power cables are running from the battery. One of them is spare or in case I need another set of batteries.
7th November 2017 – I just taped a bit of my roof with aluminum tape. It will hold for now and at least it should stop the water from coming in and the wood can now start to dry out.
6th November 2017 – It was still leaking. I think water is coming from somewhere else….
5th November 2017 – Soon after getting up, I checked the wheelhouse. Dry on the side, but a new leak one meter further. With the remaining silicon, I managed to do something.