14th October 2009 – I mainly spent my time on details this evening. Mounting some air vents in the living room and corridor, mounting the phone connection, placing thermometers, etc…
Category: MS Watergeus - page 17
13th October 2009 – The whole kitchen is now finished and looking great. I can’t wait to get served in that kitchen (I can’t really cook so I’m desperately looking for someone to cook for me).
12th October 2009 – Last night I gave a second coat of oil on the floor.
While the last bits were done on the shower, friends from Sluiskil came over to have a chat and a drink. It had been a while and it is always nice to hear other people’s opinion on your work.
11th October 2009 – In the early morning I started oiling the floor of the living room.
10th October 2009 – While the shower was being tiled, I spent time working on the electricity and the front cabin, putting some wood to make a nice ceiling. My mother painted the living room. By the end of the evening the living room was finished.
9th October 2009 – While the man of the kitchen was cutting his surface for the kitchen and bar, we painted the living room. In the evening I put some anti freeze in the system in case the heater fails and I’m not at home.
6th October 2009 – Finally, the kitchen has arrived. Or should I say the first part…
4th October 2009 – This is how I feel after working a few days continuously: broken. So I decided to go out and visit a second hand market in Eeklo. I found a bit of decoration and some tools.
3rd October 2009 – In the early morning I connected the phone cable so I have Internet in the hold. First drilling a small hole in the hull, then pulling the cable to the office area, 25 meters further.
Later that day I loaded another load of pellets aboard. The rest of the day was spent painting the kitchen and the living room.
2nd October 2009 – In the early morning the man called the kitchen would not be placed right now but on a further date. Besides being very disappointed, I had taken my last day off at work. So I started painting the kitchen.
29th September 2009 – In the morning and a big part of the afternoon I painted the living room. A first coat of finishing paint on the sides. In the early evening I cleaned the engine room, removing all rubbish left from putting the pipes for the heater. I cleaned the bilges, some rust from the early days was still underneath the engine, I hovered all the plates, etc… She is looking nice and presentable again.
28th September 2009 – The heating elements were connected, the system was filled with water and the heater was ran. It was another big step in the conversion project and most likely the one I will like most in winter time.
27th September 2009 – I continued painting the living room, over 150m2, and it needs at least to be painted three times, one coat of primer and two finishing coats of nice paint. It is a hard job. Since the finishing paint is a kind o broken white, it is hard to see the difference with the primer while painting. You need a lot of concentration.
24-25th September 2009 – Working hard the last month has its consequences. I wasn’t feeling well the last couple of days and now I’m in bed. Hope to be better soon!
23rd September 2009 – My neighbour’s ship will be launched tomorrow so we helped her a little by putting another coat on the hull. With three people, it took us less then two hours to go around the sides. A freshly tarred ship always looks nice. Just forgot my camera so no pictures…