13th March 2010 – The first nice day to work outside. I have some time, so I just started cleaning the gang board of the ship near the back accommodation. Two small pieces were cleaned, all paint and rust removed. Once finished, a good coat of primer was put on the blank metal.
In the late afternoon, I went checking the little boat. Since it is taking more and more water, while it has not been raining, I decided to have a closer look at the hull. While standing in the boat, water came into my boots. I discovered the plug for the air tanks is missing. I have no suitable crane so I added a few more heavier ropes to my ship. If it sinks completely, the ropes will hold the boat.
I really hope the owner will come and collect it.