21st September 2007 – The whole roof is welded, three times 23 meters, twice at the sides and once in the middle. He welded the last bits today. The next step will be to close the gaps at the front and back.
In the evening we placed the hatches back in the right order. Fortunately they were numbered. We discovered having not enough hatches when arriving at the front of the boat.
I worked it out after working for two hours. Since the hatches used to be placed under tension and the den was not right, the hatches had to be moved and lifted before the bolts fitted. So I had enough hatches. It is hard to explain how I did it, but is even harder to do it again.