8th September 2012 – If everything goes as planned, my new windows should arrive next week. Around the old windows is still a lot of wood. That wood was fixed by screws and nails. The nails were welded and the screws were drilled from the outside through the metal and then into the wood. had to break every single of them with a hammer and a chisel. It made a lot of noise and it strengthened my muscles of my arm!


After removing some more wood, I found a name and a date. This probably means the interior was redone in 1981.

Next to the windows at the front part of the wheelhouse I welded some ribs. I don’t like drilling through the metal for the wood. It is another chance of creating rust and leaks.

Once the welding was done, I started working on the dashboard.