16th May 2020 – I painted the portside of the hull with a small dinghy. It wasnt’ a success when I started. When launching the boat, it made water, and it never stopped. So I had to pump it very five minutes. I only managed to do halve of the ship since to many boats were passing by and I was making to much water. When taking some pictures, I dropped my safety line and had to paddle with my hands to make it back to my boat. I wonder if there was more paint on my ship or my body….
The hull itself is looking shiny and it does make a difference.
I noticed the belting was indeed rotten and gone on several places. Previous repairs of silicon were found underneath the paint. It is above the waterline, so nothing to have sleepless nights about, but it means a lot of work in the future.