Thanks to Erik, a previous owner of the Escapade I have some information on her background. The Escapade was built in 1937 at the Van Lent shipyard in the Netherlands.
The engine is a Mercedes 4 cylinder from 1967. She had been moored in Ghent and Denderleeuw most of her career. As far as retrievable, she has been owned by several people
- ? – ?: Escapade, a car dealer from Hamme
- ? – 2000: Escapade, an owner from Denderleeuw
- 2001-2010: Escapade, a Dutch owner, but moored in Wachtebeke
- 2010 – 2011: Escapade, owned by me and moored in Bruges
- 2011: Escapde, scrapped in Henegouwen after a failed attempt to restore her
Any more information is welcome.
As I bought here
The advertisement on the Internet mentioned it about a bakdekkruiser with some work and accommodation for four people. When I visited her, I realized the whole interior had to go.
What should become of her
Once she was in Bruges and I started to remove some paneling, I realized most of her has to go, not just the interior. I want to keep her as she is, but with some comfort. This drawing is how she should be looking (more or less).
New windows will be placed, so don’t bother looking at the current ones!